This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This vegan minestrone soup is packed with healthy ingredients like celery, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, and spinach. It is then simmered in a flavorful Italian seasoned tomato broth. Vegan Minestrone Soup contains a variety of plant-based protein, vitamins, and nutrients. During these chilly months, I like to serve this tasty minestrone with a piece of toasted ciabatta and a sprinkle of vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast!
This one-pot Minestrone was submitted by fellow food blogger About Annella who writes many plant-powered recipes. Her soup only takes about 45 minutes to make and is so easy to prepare, healthy, and much better than the Minestrone at the Olive Garden.
Customize Your Vegan Minestrone Soup with a Variety of Vegetables
Here are just a few ways you can customize your Vegan Minestrone Soup with vegetables you already have available in your kitchen or seasonal vegetables that are available at the store. Below are the veggies that About Anella recommends in her recipe submission.
- Broccoli (exclude for Fodmap diets)
- Potatoes (exclude if you’re gluten-free)
How to Make Vegan Minestrone Soup
Making minestrone soup from scratch doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. If you follow all the steps, you will master making minestrone in no time! First sauté your onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and potatoes in a large pot for a 2-3 minutes. Then add the red beans, canned diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, spices, and bay leaves. Cook everything for about 10-15 minutes. Finally, stir in your favorite pasta and cook until al dente. After the pasta has finished cooking, turn off the heat. Then, add the spinach and parsley. Making Vegan Minestrone Soup is as simple as that!
How to Store Your Leftover Minestrone Soup
One of the best things about this Minestrone Soup is how well it stores for leftovers. If you can’t finish the minestrone soup all at once or want to save some for later, don’t worry! You can store this minestrone refrigerated for up to 5 days in an airtight container. If you want to freeze your soup, it is important to completely let the soup cool down and transfer it to a freezer-safe container before freezing. It will last up to 2 months.
Additional Tips For Making Your Vegan Minestrone Soup Amazing!
- Use high-quality bread: This soup is best to be enjoyed with delicious bread! I’d highly recommend using high-quality sourdough bread or ciabatta!
- Buy high-quality veggies if you can: If you have the possibility I’d highly recommend visiting a farmers market near your area and purchasing your veggies there. You can definitely taste the difference!
- Sautée the veggies properly: No rushing here as this step helps to build up the flavor.
Vegan Minestrone Soup | Easy + Healthy
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 carrots medium size, chopped
- 2 potatoes medium size russet, peeled and cubed
- 1 can red beans rinsed
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes canned
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup pasta
- 1 cup spinach fresh
- 1 tsp parsley fresh
- In a large pot, add 2 tablespoons of water or oil.
- Then add in the diced white onion and minced garlic.
- Sauté over medium heat until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the chopped celery, chopped carrots and cubed potatoes.
- Add the rinsed red beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, spices and herbs to the same pot.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Next, stir in your favorite pasta and cook according to the instructed cooking time.
- After the pasta has finished cooking, add the spinach and parsley.
- Divide the soup evenly into bowls. Garnish with more parsley. Serve warm!
- Make this Vegan Minestrone even healthier by adding whole wheat pasta which will add more fiber
- Make this Vegan Minestrone Gluten-Free by adding gluten-free pasta and substituting the potatoes for another vegetable such as zucchini
If you enjoyed this Vegan Minestrone Soup you may also enjoy our Tuscan Kale Minestrone Soup.
I’m Anna, the bogger behind the food blog About Annella. I am passionate about healthy eating, creating delicious recipes and living a mindful lifestyle. My mission is to share healthy recipes that are fun, easy-to-follow and actually taste good.
On my blog, I share plant-powered recipes each week, that you can recreate in your own kitchen and enjoy! My focus is to create recipes that not only nourish your body but also taste delicious. When I am not in the kitchen, you will most likely find me practicing yoga, exploring flea markets and art exhibitions or visiting the farmer’s market.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to check out my other healthy recipes. You will find many nourishing meal ideas including breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Our Latest Articles & Recipes
- Authentic Instant Pot Meatballs with Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Beautiful Pink Rosé Cupcakes with Rosé Buttercream
- 20 Delicious Vegan JUST EGG Recipes
- Callaway Winery in Temecula Offers Exceptional Wine, Cuisine, & Views
- Discover one of the Best Restaurants in Old Towne Orange
Find Delicious Recipes By Category
Receive the Latest News
Discover the latest delicious recipes, restaurant reviews, travel guides, events, and my favorite lifestyle tips!