Posts may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
The Cold Brew Black Caf at Disneyland has to be one of my favorite drinks. People often call it the Cocoa Puff Cold Brew because of its signature Cocoa Puff topping. You can find this delicious cold brew at Disneyland’s Starwars Land located at Docking Bay 7. It can even be mobile ordered.
I remember the first time I finally decided to give the Cold Brew Black Caf a try after hearing it over and over again in my Facebook Disneyland groups. Once I gave it a try, I was officially addicted. I ended up heading back to Star Wars land a few hours later and ordered another!
Eventually, I decided I created this Cold Brew Black Caf recipe so I could enjoy my favorite Disneyland drink whenever I wanted. I had tried a few recipes I found online, but they all really missed the mark. It is all about making the perfect sweet cream cheese topping and I’m happy to say, I perfected it. My recipe is spot on an exact replica of everyone’s favorite Cocoa Puff Cold Brew Disneyland has memorized us with.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Disneyland’s Cold Brew Black Caf?
In order to make this fantastic drink, you will need a few super simple ingredients you likely already have at home.
- Whipped Cream Cheese: I saw a few recipes call for Mascerpone Cheese, but they have it all wrong. It’s still too dense. In order to make the sweet cream cheese topping you need to use whipped cream cheese. It is light, airy, and even mentioned in the description of the drink on the Disneyland website.
- Sugar: The Cold Brew Black Caf is very mildy sweet. This isn’t going to smack you in the face with sweetness like a drink from Starbucks. Many recipes online are using way to much sugar. My recipe has the perfect amount of sugar to taste exactly like the Cold Brew Blac Caf Disneyland created. If you want your drink sweeter, simply double the amount of sugar and then it will be more up to par for those who have more of a sweet tooth.
- Half & Half: You need just the right amount of half and half to create the perfect consistency.
- Cocoa Puffs: They call it the Cocoa Puff Cold Brew Disneyland drink for a reason!
- Cold Brew: I used the Trader Joes Cold Brew ready to drink, but you can use any cold brew you like. Just remember, if you use a cold brew concentrate, mix it first and then measure it. Also if you own a nespresso machine, you can make a Lungo shot and refrigerate it instead of using cold brew. It will taste very similar. I would choose a Lungo Espresso with an intensity of 7 or under.
- Ice: Ice is optional, but you’ll want you cold brew to be nice and cold before you add it. This is much easier to drink in a normal glass than it is at the parks. When I order the Cold Brew Black Caf at Disneyland, I always ask for no ice which makes it easier to drink.
How to Make a Low Carb Keto Cold Brew Black Caf
I develop a good amount of low carb and keto friendly recipes so of course I’m going to give everyone the Keto Cold Brew Black Caf recipe substitutions. I always see people ask how they can sweeten up their morning coffee if they are on a low carb or keto diet and this recipe is actually a perfect little treat. Below are simple substitutions you can make to this recipe. In total this Keto version of our Cold Brew Black Caf recipe will have less than 3g of net carbs.
- Instead of sugar, use monk fruit sweetener
- Instead of half and half, use heavy whipping cream which will be high in fat and calories, but lower in sugar (less than 1g net carbs)
- Substitute regular Cocoa Puffs for Keto Chcocolate Puffs (less than 1g net carbs)
- Whipped cream cheese is already only 2g of carbs
How do you make a Cold Brew Blac Caf Disneyland Copycat Recipe
First, in a glass measuring cup, add your whipped cream cheese, half & half, and sugar. Then whip it all together using a handheld milk frother.
Next, fill your glass with ice cubes and pour in your Cold Brew coffee. Remember if you are using a concentrate, to mix it first.
Then, pour your sweet cream cheese over the cold brew.
Finally, add your cocoa puffs and enjoy your Cocoa Puff Cold Brew Disneyland concoction!
Can I make the Sweet Cream Cheese topping in Advance?
This recipe will make enough sweet cream cheese for about 2 drinks. However, feel free to double or even triple the recipe to store in the refrigerator. Our sweet cream cheese will last in the fridge for 2 weeks assuming your half and half is fresh. You can always give it an extra whip before adding it to your cold brew.
Cold Brew Black Caf Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Milk Frother
- ½ cup Cold Brew Coffee
- ¼ cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp half and half heavy cream for Keto
- ½ tbsp sugar sub monk fruit for keto and double for sweeter
- ¼ cup cocoa puffs cereal or keto chocolate puffs
Sweet Cream Cheese
- First, make the sweet cream cheese by adding the whipped cream cheese, half & half, and sugar into a glass pyrex and mix using a hand held milk frother.1/4 cup Whipped Cream Cheese, 2 tbsp half and half, 1/2 tbsp sugar
Black Caf Cold Brew
- Then add a glass of ice to your preferred coffee cup and pour in the Cold Brew coffee.1/2 cup Cold Brew Coffee
- Next, add the sweet cream cheese.
- Finally, add your cocoa puff cereal.1/4 cup cocoa puffs cereal
- You can likely save half of the sweet cream for a second cup of Black Caf.
- To make this recipe Keto friendly, use heavy whipping cream, monk fruit sweetener, and Keto chocolate puffs.
Enjoy Our Other Helpful Disney Articles!
Receive the Latest News
Discover the latest delicious recipes, restaurant reviews, travel guides, events, and my favorite lifestyle tips!