This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This Banana Chia Seed Pudding Peanut Butter Parfait is full of protein and one of my absolute favorite breakfast recipes. It is so indulgent it almost tastes like dessert. We make a simple overnight chia seed pudding and layer yogurt, granola, and peanut butter to create a breakfast parfait.
Our chia seed pudding recipes are full of protein and delicious. You might also enjoy our Black Forest Chocolate Chia Pudding, Aloha Bowl Chia Pudding, or Keto Banana Bread with Chocolate Marble!
How to add extra protein to Chia Seed Pudding
I try to sneak in extra protein in my chia seed pudding every chance I get. As a woman, we often do not get even close to the amount of protein we need, especially if we are trying to lose weight. In order to sneak in as much protein as necessary it is essential we use the right ingredients.
- When making this banana chia seed pudding we add protein powder which adds 5g of protein.
- Layering your chia seed pudding with yogurt can add an additional 8-16g of protein. While greek yogurt has been a popular choice, I actually discovered Icelandic Yogurt which has a whopping 16g of protein per container! If you’re daring enough to try to make your own, here are the Icelandic Yogurt Starter Cultures.
- Look for a granola that includes extra protein. I found an amazing peanut butter toffee nut granola by Bear Natural that is so delicious and has 5g of protein for half a serving.
- RX Nut Butter’s is the only peanut butter I’ll use. Each serving is the same amount of calories as traditional peanut butter, but it gives you 9g of protein per serving. They are also sweetened with dates and much tastier than regular peanut butter. They come in a variety of flavors. In this recipe, I used their honey cinnamon.
- Ditch regular sugar and start using Monk Fruit Sweetener. It is a serious game changer and tastes exactly like real sugar. We are able to cut calories and keep this recipe low on the glycemic index by not adding any additional sugar. You can even buy Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener which is just like using brown sugar!
By using the right ingredients I’m able to create an extra protein chia seed pudding while still being low calorie and of course, delicious!
How do you make Chia Seed Pudding?
Overnight Chia Seed Pudding is so simple to make. All we do is combine milk, Chia seeds, protein powder, and monk fruit sweetener. You can let it sit overnight or just wait 2hrs and it will be ready.
How do I make this Banana Chia Seed Pudding Peanut Butter Parfait?
First, we’ll make the overnight chia seed pudding by adding the chia seeds, milk, protein powder, and monk fruit sweetener to a 10oz mason jar and stir well. You can store it in the fridge for 2hrs or overnight.
Once your Chia Seed Pudding is ready you’re going to layer your toppings beginning with your granola, then yogurt, and then bananas. Repeat again for a second layer.
Then, you can add your banana slices and drizzle with peanut butter or nut butter. I really like RX Nut Butter because it is full of protein.
- To make this recipe vegan be sure to use Coconut Milk, Coconut Milks Yogurt, and use regular peanut/cashew/almond butter. (Do NOT use RX Nut Butter)
- – To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free granola
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
If you love this Banana Chia Seed Pudding, be sure to visit our Healthy Breakfast Recipe section for more ideas like our Overnight Oats Recipe with 16g of protein.
Banana Chia Seed Pudding Peanut Butter Parfait
- Mason Jar 10oz
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- .25 cup fat free milk
- 1 tbsp protein powder vanilla
- ⅓ cups granola Bear Naked Toffee Peanut Butter
- .5 cup bananas sliced
- 1 tbsp Nut Butter RX Nut Butter
- .5 cup Yogurt Vanilla, Icelandic
- 1 tsp Monk Fruit Sweetener
- First, we'll make the overnight chia seed pudding by adding the chia seeds, milk, protein powder, and monk fruit sweetener to a 10oz mason jar and stir well. You can store in the fridge for 2hrs or overnight.
- Once your Chia Seed Pudding is ready you're going to layer your toppings beginning with your granola, then yogurt, and then bananas. Repeat again for a second layer.
- Last, you'll drizzle your favorite nut butter on the top and serve.
Make This Recipe Vegan
- Use Coconut Milk & Coconut Milk Yogurt. Be sure to use a protein powder that is Vegan Friendly.
- Use regular peanut, cashew, or almond butter. Do NOT use RX Peanut Butter as it adds extra protein using egg whites.
Make This Recipe Gluten-Free
- Use gluten-free granola
Our Latest Articles & Recipes
- Authentic Instant Pot Meatballs with Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Beautiful Pink Rosé Cupcakes with Rosé Buttercream
- 20 Delicious Vegan JUST EGG Recipes
- Callaway Winery in Temecula Offers Exceptional Wine, Cuisine, & Views
- Discover one of the Best Restaurants in Old Towne Orange
Find Delicious Recipes By Category
Receive the Latest News
Discover the latest delicious recipes, restaurant reviews, travel guides, events, and my favorite lifestyle tips!