Posts may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This authentic Indian Lamb Korma Slow Cooker recipe is full of fragrant seasonings and spices. If you’ve been following my blog, then it is no surprise that I love Indian Food. After cooking all day in the slow cooker, the lamb is as tender as can be and all of the flavors meld together beautifully. This recipe has more ingredients than usual, but it is well worth it.
Indian Lamb Korma Spices
I used this dish as an opportunity to stock up on spices I didn’t have. I actually found a great deal at Ralphs on a brand called Spicely. I’ve never seen so many unique and interesting organic seasonings before and they are incredibly cost-efficient averaging around only three dollars. I even purchased some additional spices I didn’t need, but will definitely find some uses for!
For this recipe, we will use Coriander Seeds & Ground Coriander, Green Cardamon Pods & Ground Cardamon, Tumeric, Graham Marsala, Cinnamon, and Cumin.
Tips for Making Authentic Indian Lamb Korma
You can leave out any ingredient you don’t happen to have on hand. As long as it’s not too many you will still have a great dish. I add all these ingredients to make the dish as authentic as possible and Indian food is full of spices. I also recommend using cashews and not almonds. You will find the flavor is much more authentic and creamy. I also like to add some additional cashews sprinkled on the top when I serve my Korma.
Enjoy the recipe below and if you love it, remember to pin it, and please send me a picture. I would love to add them to my Instagram.
Authentic Lamb Korma Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 lb cubed lamb can also use chicken or Vegetables
- 2 whole carrots cubed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock can also use chicken or beef
- ½ cup cashews ground
- ½ whole lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ whole yellow onion chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 4 whole coriander seeds fresh
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- 4 whole green cardamon pods
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp garam marsala
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tbsp salt pink Himalayan if you have it
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl combine lamb, all spices, chopped garlic, grated ginger, olive oil, tomato paste, and the juice of your 1/2 lemon.
- Add cubed carrots to the bottom of your crockpot, then add lamb mixture, and top with chopped onions.
- Pour in your vegetable stock and simmer in your crockpot for 6-7 hours on low heat.
- About 30 minutes before serving add your ground cashews which will thicken the sauce and give it a creamier consistency. Serve with basmati rice and top with chunks of cashew pieces.
Enjoy Our Other Authentic Indian Recipes
I absolutely love Indian Cuisine. Below are several other Indian recipes you may enjoy as well!
Receive the Latest News
Discover the latest delicious recipes, restaurant reviews, travel guides, events, and my favorite lifestyle tips!